If you have several trees on your property, they add beauty and character to your landscaping. Having trees comes with a responsibility though. When you have trees, you need to properly prune and take care of them or they can become a danger to your home and everything around them. Tree Masters is here to talk about the different types of pruning there are, and why it is so important that you have your trees prunes.
Types of Tree Pruning
There are a few different ways that your trees can be pruned. When an tree specialist inspects your trees, the pruning method used will be different depending on the needs of the tree. Here are the methods used.
– Deadwood Pruning (Trimming Dead Tree Branches): For most trees, there is usually certain amount of deadwood found on the tree that needs to be removed. This is what deadwood pruning takes care of. This mainly takes care of any branches that are diseased or could cause harm to the tree or your property.
– Crown Lifting: The crown of a tree includes the branches with leaves on them. Sometimes, these leaves can be hanging too low and cause problems for walkways and streets. If this is the case, an arborist will remove them and lift the crown up so that cars and people can walk safely beneath them.
– Crown Thinning: If the crown of a tree is too thick, the tree can’t grow as it should. During crown thinning, branches are removed from the crown of the tree without changing the shape of the tree.
Should Young Trees Be Pruned?
When you have young trees, it is more important than ever that they are trimmed by a tree expert. Without professional pruning, they won’t grow properly, and the tree could have issues as it matures. Pruning can help to develop strong structure, nice form and will generally require less pruning and trimming as the tree matures.
Benefits of Tree Pruning
Your trees can benefit greatly from regular, professional pruning.
– Address safety hazards with the tree that could be caused by damaged or diseased limbs
– Strengthen structural integrity especially in young trees as they are growing and maturing.
– Improve traffic and pedestrian flow on walking paths, streets and sidewalks by removing any low-lying branches.
– Improved appearance of the tree by removing any dead or diseased branches.
– Strengthen the tree with proper airflow by thinning out the branches.
Tree Trimming, Pruning, Removal & More in Pinecrest, Coral Gables, Palmetto Bay, Kendall & Greater Miami, Florida
If you have beautiful trees on your property, it is important that you care for them to keep them healthy for years to come. At Tree Masters, we know how important it is to care for your trees by pruning them. Our professional arborists have extensive training and experience in all methods of tree pruning. We will help ensure your trees are healthy and safe to have on your property. Call us today!