Assessing the damage to your property is a must if a storm has made its way through your community. If not done safely, you could be putting yourself in even more danger, however. It can feel overwhelming, no matter what amount of tree damage has occurred. Today, we at Tree Masters would like to discuss how you should handle the tree damage that was caused from a storm.
Safe Work Procedure for Tree Cutting & Storm Damage Clean Up
In downed utility wires, damaged trees can often be tangled. You should never attempt to touch or go near them. The first thing you need to do is make sure there are no potential safety hazards if there is not any immediate danger from electrical lines.
– Ensure electrical lines are expertly handled. It is important to proceed as if all electrical wires as if they are live. To have an expert assess the potential danger and remove them safely, contact your electricity provider.
– Safeguard yoru home and family. It is essential to remove trees or limbs that have fallen on your house or are blocking access. Additionally, check for hanging limbs that could fall on your home or family.
Tree Damage Inspection & Assessment
With only the smallest branches injured, the damage to a tree is often minor. Take your time to decide which trees you can save or should remove with the help of a certified tree removal company. The tree’s species, location, age, and sentimental value are factors to consider. There are times when a tree simply cannot be saved.
– Trees worth saving – Trees that have more than 50% of the crown intact or that have an attractive and of value after being repaired.
– Trees that need immediate removal – Diseased trees, trees that have a split trunk, any tree tipped over by wind, and if before the storm, they usually suffered from root breakage or poor development.
Licensed Tree Service Company
It is common for non-certified people to knock on your door offering tree cleanup services following a storm. Unfortunately, they do not have any idea what they are doing and if they were to be injured on your property, you could be held liable. A professional, such as one from Tree Masters, can help you in the following ways below.
– Small-sized tree debris on the ground can be cleaned by the individual homeowner.
– Being more susceptible to damage in future storms, never top or severely prune storm damaged trees, you need trained experts assisting.
– Major tree trimming, removal and cleanup should be done by a professional with safe and expert execution.
Hurricane & Storm Damage Preparation
By planning ahead, you can reduce your risk of damage from future storms. To protect against potential storm damage, getting the help of a certified tree service technician is the best way. Ensure the expert pruning early; especially when the tree is young, routinely trim dead or otherwise weakened limbs; prune efficiently, never cut the branches to stubs; and encourage good angles for the branches.
Tree Trimming, Pruning, Removal & More in Pinecrest, Coral Gables, Palmetto Bay, Kendall & Greater Miami, Florida
After a severe storm, some trees simply can’t be saved or are not worth saving. If the tree has already been weakened by disease, has a split trunk or more than 50 percent of the crown is gone; the tree has unfortunately lost its survival edge and should be removed. Ultimately, when you have severe damage on your trees following a storm, you want the skilled experts of Tree Masters to remove any hazardous trees from your property that have been damaged to ensure the safety of your family and protect your property. Call us when you need tree removal services and/or tree clean up following a storm!