Can you think of anything more terrifying than a tree landing on the roof of your house? While trees are a beautiful addition to any landscape, they can become dangerous sometimes. Sometimes, storms and other reasons out of your control are the cause for a tree landing on your house. However, it is important that you know and understand your trees so that you are aware of whether or not they have become a danger to you. Tree Masters is here to talk about what you should do if a tree falling on your house does happen.
What Happens when Your Tree or a Neighbor’s Tree Falls on Your House?
As mentioned above, there are some instances where you don’t have much control over what happens with the trees on your property as well as the trees on your neighbor’s property. Unfortunately, fallen trees happen all the time and end up costing big money in property damage. If you have had a tree fall on your house, this is what you should do next.
– Evacuate: The most important thing you can do when you realize that a tree has fallen on your house is to get out of there. You need to have everyone evacuate your house as a fallen tree can put the structural integrity of your home in a compromised position.
– Call Emergency Professionals: When trees fall on your home, they can cause more problems than a collapsed roof. There is an added risk of electrical fire, gas leak, and damage to power lines. This is a job that should only be handled by emergency personnel.
– Assess Damage: Once the home is evacuated and the emergency responders have deemed the property safe, it is time to assess the damage. You should document this fully for insurance purposes.
– Call Insurance Company: The next step is to call your insurance company to get that ball rolling. They will be able to tell you what documentation they need to move forward with the damages. They will most likely send an adjuster out to inspect the property.
– Call Tree Removal Company: It is key in avoiding further property damage to get the tree removed as soon as possible. After working with the insurance company to get that squared away, you can then call on a professional tree removal service to safely remove the fallen tree from your house.
– Carry Out Repairs: Now that the tree has been removed, you can start moving forward with repairs.
Pre-Storm Tree Inspections, Fallen Tree Removal & More in Pinecrest, Coral Gables, Palmetto Bay, Kendall & Greater Miami, Florida
If you have had a tree fall on your home or are concerned about the health of certain trees on your property, you can rely on the professionals at Tree Masters to inspect your trees and let you know if they pose any danger to your property. For those that have experienced a fallen tree, we are fully equipped to deal with fallen trees and can remove it safely. Call us today!